Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Addy's Sled- Questions

  1. #1
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a few questions about Addy's sled and would be sooo grateful to anyone with the sled who can answer them.

    Is it real wood, plastic, or wood by-product (that cheap "wood" product that is like thin plywood)? How's the quality? What are the dimensions? Would it be possible for someone to take a picture of the design on the seat and e-mail it to me/post it in imagestation?

    With winter coming, Addy needs something fun to do, but the AG sled is expensive and I found a nice wood sled at our local Big Lots for $6. It is real wood and unpainted and seems to be the right size. I figured perhaps I could paint it the same as Addy's AG sled. Especially if the quality is low on the AG sled, I'd rather spend $32 LESS and have a real wood product. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought 4 of Addy's sleds over the years and eventually sold one. They are plastic. They are OK in the snow because being plastic, they're fairly light and will actually slide a few feet with the doll on them. I love the style but I hate the plastic. If I were you, I'd buy the wooden one and paint it in your preferred colors.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    I forgot to tell you about the size. Addy's sled is EXACTLY long enough to squeeze a doll into with her back against the back rest and her feet jammed against the bar that goes across the front. Which is actually a good thing because a snug fit means when the sled flips over going down a hill, your doll doesn't fly out. She just lies there, stuck, with her face in the snow!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had to laugh! Thanks for the information- I bought the wood one and am currently painting it. If you are able, I would really appreciate a picture of the design on the seat. All the pictures I have in catalogs and such either show it from the side or have Addy sitting on it, but one is a 3/4 view and I can see there's some design on the seat. Thanks again!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •